Sunday, July 17, 2011

Open Doors

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."

 
Well, the title definitely speaks for itself! God is opening doors and I can see where I am headed!! I don't want to make this blog too long, but there is just so much to say! Let me first start off by saying that I failed to mention in the previous post that my mother has decided to move from Texas all the way to North Carolina so that she can help me out. She is truly a blessing because she doesn't have to do it, but she wants to. Because I'm in the military, she will be able to travel with me wherever I'm stationed and now I don't have to worry about some stranger watching my child!

Now, on to some even MORE exciting news! Last night, 16Jul2011, I went to a local concert with LeAndria Johnson (winner of BET's Sunday Best Season 3) and Kim Burrell. I didn't have anybody to go with me because everyone was either busy or didn't have the money to buy a $20 ticket...but I digress.



If y'all don't know, I'm a BIG twitter girl (follow me @UnhurdChyld) so I had been tweeting about the even all day! When I got inside, I was on the 6th row b/c the first five were reserved for VIP. I was trying to figure out why I didn't get a VIP ticket but I didn't know that there were any being sold. I tweeted all the way up until LeAndria Johnson got on stage because the people that they had performing for the pre-show were....well....they weren't a LeAndria or Kim. That's putting it nicely. I was hoping that LeAndria or Kim were reading my tweets so I made sure to include one hoping that I would be able to one of them.

One of the ushers told me that it was highly unlikely that I was going to get to meet Kim Burrell because she was a "diva" and likes to get in and out. So I pretty much ruled that out. Well, LeAndria got the fire started and Kim Burrell came and blew the roof off!! When Kim got on stage, she did a little talking, praying, and then she said, "There's one person in here that's been tweeting all day. Is there an UnhurdChyld in here?" I jumped out and shouted "That's me! That's me!!" She said, "Well come on up here honey so I can give you a hug!" It felt so surreal y'all!



As the night went on, Kim said she wanted 30people up on stage as her choir to sing her song "Holy Ghost". I was up there FAST! The night went on and when it was all over, I was headed toward the front to speak to someone I knew and guess who I ran into?!  .....
 Lil Mo!!!
She is soo cool  y'all! We took one pic before this one and I didn't put up the peace sign she was like, "You're supposed to put up the peace sign girl! Take another one!" LOL.



{{FAST FORWARD}}...



I went outside to buy Kim's CD and get it signed and then we got a picture!

To the young lady that told me Kim Burrell was a Diva: ***GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC WHILE BLINDFOLDED!!*** Kim made a little convo with me and asked about my baby and everything. It was an absolutely awesome experience. Lastly, I went to see LeAndria Johnson. I wait for two hours after the concert last year to meet her and I never did, but this year...
 
 Nuff said!!
It was truly a night to remember and I thank God for it all. Sine this post appears to already be ridiculously long, I will explain what this had to do with my future in the next post k? Be blessed!! 
READ, RATE, COMMENT, & SUBSCRIBE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment