Monday, October 6, 2014

Unchain Your Mind | Lights, Camera, Poetic Action

I can't sleep. That can only be due to two things: 1. The Taco Bell that I had earlier 2. I need to write...let's just say that it's the latter.

I always try and keep this updated and I seem to fail miserably when my schedule picks up just a little bit. So much has (and has not) transpired in the last year:

I haven't written a new poem. I'm full of ideas and can't find the words. That's half of the reason why I haven't posted. It's hard to focus on your passion when you have to focus on surviving. Dreams don't pay the bills or fill my son's belly. I don't care what anybody says. I haven't given up on writing, I never will. I've been performing all over the island at different events and I only have one person to thank for that. God brought a woman into my life that has so many connections in Hawaii that she truly lit that fire in me to at least perform and attempt to start writing again. Because of this, I have big news,

Poetic Action is coming to Hawaii January 2015! My best friend and I co-founded Poetic Action September 2012 in Camp Casey, South Korea. We eventually expanded it to two locations in Korea (Camp Casey and Camp Humphries) and it became the largest open mic for Soldiers on the entire peninsula. Poetic Action ran for over a year and a half, although we had both left Korea. I am now proud to say that I will be starting it here on the great island of Oahu in the beginning of 2015.

I've got to write something soon though. I need to get these words out. I have way more supporters than I ever thought. My poems are getting streamed online and my fan base is increasing. I'm taking advantage of all of the opportunities that God is blessing me with. I never even thought that I would be here...I can't stop. I won't stop.

Cam wouldn't stop...RIP

"The mind is stronger than my body. God is stronger than my mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment