Friday, January 2, 2015

Unchain Your Mind | New Year, New Poems

Procrastination always gets the best of me. I wrote this blog 30 DEC 2014:


2015 is right around the corner and I am ending this year with a bang! Everything has fallen into place and God has put some amazing people in my path to help me on this journey. But first….I STILL haven’t written any new poetry yet! I’ve had a poem brewing for five months and have yet to let those words meet paper. School, motherhood, and work has been keeping me busy quite a bit, but that’s no excuse.  I need to release and just let it flow.

But on to the good news:

Army – I GOT PROMOTED!! 1 October, 2014 I officially became a Staff Sergeant in the United States Army. So many folks thought that I would never be here. Hell, for a minute, I even questioned if I would ever make it. But I did it for my son. I needed to provide more for him and nobody else was going to do it but me. Thank you JESUS!

Personally – I loved and lost…what’s new. No need to give the whole, “Men ain’t $h!t” schpeel. It happens. But God sure does work in mysterious way. Let’s just say I’m pretty happy with the one He has brought into my life now J

And now the big news…Poetically:
IT’S SUPER OFFICIAL!!



It’s been a lot of hard work and the time is finally drawing near. I am Sole Proprietor of UnhurdChyld. That’s right! I’m a small business owner honey. Working on securing an LLC for another company as well. I’m so anxious for Poetic Action to happen. It’s just so many people out here that have said that they have been looking for something like it. 

So if you’re reading this and you’re in Hawaii, Poetic Action is where you should be on January 15th!

Now all I need to do is write some new material… :-/. New Year, New Pieces 

“The mind is stronger than the body. God is stronger than my mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment