Monday, October 21, 2013

Unchain Your Mind | 8 things I've learned on this journey...

1.) Don't ask me to promote your stuff if you won't promote mine. 
I have an album for sale on several websites, a FB artist page, YouTube page, and a blog. At what point did you plan on purchasing or subscribing? Respect the hustle. It's give and take. 

2.) If you didn't write poetry before you met me, don't start now.
 I always get the "I always wanted to write" or "I keep a journal" lines. Poetry is open to interpretation. I encourage everyone, don't try to tap into your inner self in attempts to impress me. 

3.) I'm a people's poet. Not a poet's poet. 
That being said, my goal is to reach the people. Not to speak so deeply as to where they will have no idea where I'm coming from or what I'm saying. Which remind me...

4.) Don't kill me with metaphors that nobody can visualize.... EVER.
I was hearing a picture of you standing in a well of feelings looking for water. 
Wait...what?

5.) I am in every poem. In some way. 
Yes, most of my poems are about love, life, and love lost. That doesn't mean that it directly depicts my life. You won't find out who I am through my poetry. I promise. 

6.) If you offer me a line or inspire me to write a piece, that doesn't mean we should do a group piece. 
I don't need to elaborate do I?

7.) A poem starts in the heart long before it ever makes it to the page. 
Which is why you'll always find parts of me in each piece. 

8.) If you want to right better poetry, study better poetry. 
Unchain Your Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment