Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Unchain Your Mind | The Fork...

Sometimes I wonder if this journey is for me. My inner fighter tells me to keep pushing but my flesh tells me to just focus on something else. What am I referring to? My journey as a poet.

I’m not disappointed in album sales, I’m disappointed in the amount of people that I desire to reach that aren’t being reached. Maybe I should switch the genre in which is right about. Maybe I should think of profound inspirational relationship quotes like Rob Hill Sr. Perhaps I should focus on making people laugh. I’ve got a good sense of humor. Everyone has an opinion about the government…that could be an option……nah. That’s not who I am, as an artist or person. I can’t expect people to connect with unauthentic content.

People buy, but don’t share. Is it not powerful enough?

I was made to do this. I was made to help, heal, connect, and change. I just don’t know how to do it to its full effect. But I won’t stop until I do. This fork in the road…

2 comments:

  1. ~*Smile*~ I always catch myself smiling when I revisit my old Bblogger and Twitter friends and see how much you've grown... in wisdom, talent and beauty.

    God is simply showing you a GLIMPSE of what is to come. Worry not about the numbers, KNOW that it is not by power or might, but by His Spirit who is certain to make sure those who need to hear your message will do so... at the appointed time.

    I am excited to hear it myself. Please let me know where I can find your album.

    I've been called back into poetry myself. Maybe you can teach me a few things:)

    God bless!
    Anointed Arts
    Candace Baldwin (formerly Burts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've always supported me throughout this entire journey and I thank you so much for that. It means so much more to me than you know. My CD is available on Amazon, CD baby, rhapsody, iTunes, and practically any other LEGAL downloading sight. lol. Please share! God bless.

      Delete