Saturday, October 19, 2013

Unchain Your Mind | He Turned It!!



Won’t He do it?! Let’s start from the beginning.

July 2013
 An email is distributed to all E-5’s (my current rank) that are looking for a better job/position in the hospital. I was immediately interested and sent in the requested information. The job being offered gave me high visibility with plenty more opportunities to advance my career.

August 2013
I get an email with my interview date. By this time, I don’t even want the new job anymore because I like my current work schedule, position, and was apparently slotted in a position higher than my rank (being in an E-6 slot looks good for an E-5). I let my supervisor know that I was no longer interested but was still told to go to the interview. I get to the interview with the mindset of “I’m not taking this job so they’re just gonna make sure that’s my decision and leave it at that.”

They explained to me the pro’s and con’s of the my current position (which apparently doesn’t actually exist and neither does the E-6 slot…I was bamboozled!) After being smacked in the face, they asked if I still wanted to back out of the interview. My mind was not prepared to answer any interview questions but I went ahead and followed through on my original plan and decided to interview. Three hours later, I got the phone call saying that I got the job! I was chosen over four other candidates.

September 19th2013
The Thursday before the Monday that I start my new job, I get a phone call saying that they decided not to choose me for the job. Excuse me? Did I miss something?! It was nothing personal, just a conflict in schedule.  I took it as a loss and didn’t stop my search for better career opportunities. Now let me take a moment to explain a little bit about where I work…

 
I work  in the hospital…the higher you are, the better opportunities you have. Now that you have a small visual…

October 7th 2013
I get a call from my supervisor letting me know that I may need to switch positions with someone in my department in order to accommodate his personal/marital problems. Wait. What? Clearly I must have pissed off someone and didn’t know it. I had to find a better work environment before my morale plummeted significantly. I maintained my positive attitude and smiley face while at work but came home and complained to my mom. Of course, I got the “pray about it” and “it’ll all work out” speech. Not really what I wanted to hear.

October 11th 2013
“He Turned It” by Tye Tribbett gets played all the way home. Why?! Because I got a phone call saying that I’d be working at Troop Command in an E-6 slot starting on 1Dec! Won’t He do it?! A position that I didn’t even know was available, didn’t know I was being looked at for, and never expected to fill! People apparently wanted this slot and I was chosen. What God has for me, is for me. 
And so the journey continues…

1 comment:

  1. Yo he works in mysterious ways and he rewards his people who stay faithful and not fret the small stuff. I'm happy that your advancement at work to you. J.O.E.

    ReplyDelete